What will be the features that will make the success or the failure of these new Digital Single Lens Reflex cameras? I offer you my own decoding list:
- Less than 999â‚¬: The maximum price to reach the consumer market (not only the enthusiasts)
- 10 Mega pixels: This is the needed resolution to reach A3-size prints
- Image stabilisation: To allow super-tele lenses, there will be more and more image stabilisers (either in the lens or – better – in the body)
- 1600-3200 ISO sensitivity with low digital noise: This is the most interesting distinction between a D-SLR and comapct camera in terms of image quality
- Automated cleaning of the digital sensor: A very appreciated addition
- Continuous shooting for more than 5 images, or more than 10 images, or until the memory card is full
Unfortunately, it seems that there will not be in this list anything like a standard battery pack size (we’ll still have to shuffle batteries from one body to the next).
You can also offer your own features to make it a top 10.