Canon is presenting today a new high-end product under the name of 1D-mkIII.
Here are the main features:
- 10.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor (1.3x factor): Going to today’s standard
- 10 fps continuous shooting for up to 110 frames: Did you say high-end?
- Dual DIGIC III processors: Real processing power
- New AF system with 19 cross style sensors
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System: Canon is now bringing the 400D system to the full SLR line
- ISO 3200 (expandable to ISO 6400): You can expect a good sensor to reach this
- 3.0â€ LCD: Big and with Live View for PC-controlled operation
- Improved viewfinder
- Price around $3999
- Availability: April 2007
Definitely a big camera. Definitely what some pros were expecting.
Side note: It may indicate that the Canon EOS 40D will not be arriving this month, if this is the only announcement before PMA next month. Rumours still being just that: rumours.