This version is solving a couple of bugs in the regular expressions (1/ bad management of the $ marker; 2/ bad operation of regular expressions with two  closures in the same expression). Additionally, the support for international ANSI character set has been significantly improved by insuring that the management of the "ignore case" option of searches is adequate with accented letters and other "international" characters.
Download is immediately possible from the cl402w95.zip file.
Registered users just need to email me to get their own new release file. Tell me if you prefer email, FTP or surface mail delivery.
ClusterView is a Windows 95 application designed to help handle text searching tasks in a group of HTML or large text files. The most prominent features are:
- grouping of documents in a structure named "cluster". This allows to consult simultaneously various files you decide to link together according to your needs. Various operations (other than mere viewing) can be applied to the documents of a cluster.
- most of the keyboard commands are similar to / compatible with the ones from the Unix utilities named MORE and LESS.
- files viewing is not limited by any constraints of size. You can be viewing anything you want (even gigabytes files if your computer has them readable - e.g. from a network).
- capability of using ClusterView over Windows 3.1 using the Win32s wrapping. This allows to get the 32-bit performance without upgrading to Win95 or WinNT.
- some display processing allows to filter/modify the presentation of data to the document window.
- approximative search based on Baeza-Yates algorithm to find a pattern which is only partly known (also known as search with erroneous patterns). For example, you can search for "pattern" with 1 error (at most) and it will match "pattern", "pittern" and "Pattern" while stepping over "lantern" (2 errors).
- search modelled on the Unix utility named GREP. It is particularly useful for complex searching with the help of its specific search "language" to describe the pattern you look for. For example, you can search for "^pattern" to look for "pattern" at the beginning of a line; or for "[pl]a[nt]tern" to look for either "pattern" or "lantern". Look into the Help file for an extensive description of the pattern language.
- Soundex-based search which is a fuzzy search based upon the apparent sounding of words.
All search methods are particularly useful to tackle large amounts of data when you are looking for important but difficult to locate data.
The Windows help file gives detailed information about using it.
File List: CLUSTER.EXE The executable file CLUSTER.HLP Help file CLUSTER.TXT This file MINYGREP.DLL Support DLL ORDER.TXT Minimal order form
If you find ClusterView useful, do the decent thing and register! In return you will receive:
- the full ClusterView application (in its latest version), - help file (in its latest version), - sample cluster files for you to modify, - a registration number to identify yourself, - support thru Email and Fax.
If you want to download it, here is the local distribution of cl402w95.zip.
You can now register online. Just click on one the following links.
Copyright (c) 1999-2008 - Yves Roumazeilles (all rights reserved)
Latest update: 30-oct-08