Here it comes! The German photo magazine ProfiFoto is just out in the stands (with a little delay probably designed to ensure compliance with the Non-Disclosure Agreements -NDA- about the Nikon D700) with a this description of the new Nikon D700:
- Nikon D3 sensor: Full Frame, 12 MP
- Dust cleaning on the sensor
- From 1/8000s to 30s (flash synchro at 1/250s)
- 5 frames/seconde (8fps with MB-D10)
- Virtual horizon?
- Viewfinder a little more limited than on the D3, with 95% field coverage
- Integrated flash, NG11
- Batteries: EN-EL3e
- Compact Flash cards
- Weight: 1076g
- Price: 2599€ (about the price I estimated previously, but for the more expensive end of the FF market)
Source: An email from a German Internet user.