Here is a scoop again for digital single lens reflex cameras (D-SLR). Canon, after announcing its 400D (follower of the successful 350D) starts renovating the upper market segment. The EOS 30D seriously needed to freshen up a bit in view of the competition, this is what comes with the 40D.
- 10 mega-pixels (instead of 8MP)
- Sensor auto-cleaning (Canon decided to share it all over the digital SLR cameras)
- 9 point autofocus (coming from the 30D, already extended to the 350D; This won’t help the 40D to differentiate from the lowest segments)
- 5 frames per second (exactly like the 30D)
- Memory: Compact Flash (Not the “amateur-looking” SD like the Nikon D80)
Nothing Earth-shattering, but if, like me, you expect the very good image quality of the 20D and 30D (or better), you can expect a deep interest from the Canon lovers.
Source (and mockup photo) on: Fosfor.se.
Additional information in a more recent post.