Is it the crisis, the recession or what? People would like you to think that you can now get a private jet for nearly nothing.
- Jumpjet is trying to make it more affordable than many business trip tickets
- Aviation told us about microjets, like those from Eclipse Aviation intended to make it more affordable than any time before.
- Lunajets wants you to fly like a Very Rich Person (VRP is so much better than VIP) but for prices between €990 per seat and €12,500 for a full cabin. You get to search for the best flight for you.
- Same thing with Last Minute Jet Charters which offers a good search engine for your private jet.
- ElleJet Aviation Services is explictly selling seats available on what they call “empty legs” (trips returning the plane with no passenger, but where you could be booked; A little like those young student who cross the USA in rental cars that they bring back to base for a small fee).
Sure, GM sold all its 5 private jets after the December news fiasco. But did they depress the private jet market, too? Is it really so cheap?